Consistency, innovation and performance are terms we can associate with Yamaha’s receivers. They have been consistent with product quality and keeps making better receivers over the years. They also keep innovating with better features while keeping prices affordable. And we have not been shortchanged with natural sound and video performance.
So we are glad to know that their 2015 lineup of AV receivers in the AVENTAGE range keep up with these ideals. Yamaha has 5 models in the 2015 lineup with prices ranging from $649.95 to $1999.95 for the flagship Yamaha RX-A3040.
Here’s a short summary of their features and specs:
1. Yamaha RX-A740 ($649.95): a 7.2 Channel receiver delivering 90W per channel featuring Apple AirPlay, built-in Wi-Fi and 4K Ultra HD Pass-through.
2. Yamaha RX-A840 ($849.95): also a 7.2-channel unit with higher power rated at 110W per channel. Features the latest HDMI version with 4K Ultra HD 50/60p support, AirPlay, built-in Spotify, Pandora and Rhapsody. YPAO Volume, 17 DSP programs and 3D support. It has 8 HDMI inputs and dual HDMI outputs (simultaneous output) to connect to a projector and flatscreen. It also features high resolution 192/24-bit Burr-Brown DACs.
3. Yamaha RX-A1040 ($1099.95): same features as the RX-A840 but with higher power rating of 120W per channel, higher quality DAC, more connectivity options including additional analog inputs, an additional 12v trigger and analog video outputs for the second zone.
4. Yamaha RX-A2040 ($1599.95): 9.2 channels with 140W per channel, 23 DSP programs, a high resolution music enhancer and dual ESS Technology ES9006 Sabre audio DACs. It features zone 2 and zone 3 powered speakers with HDMI for the second zone and audio pre-outs for audio in the 3rd zone.
5. Yamaha RX-A3040 ($1999.95): an audio powerhouse with 11.2 channels with 150W per channel of power. Super-high quality 192 kHz/32-bit SABRE32 DACs, optimized power amplifier layout with ultra-low jitter circuitry housed inside a double bottom chassis with a fifth foot. Advanced HDMI Zone Switching and Dolby Atmos Surround Processing also added.
All in all a complete range for the entry level and the most discerning audiophile.